RE: Got the Head off!!!! Check out the Pics.

To: "'Ronnie Day'" <rday@hot.rr.com>,
Subject: RE: Got the Head off!!!! Check out the Pics.
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 21:10:20 -0800
Ya I know that it won't be like a weekend affair.  I think, lucky for us
that Mike Spreadbury has already worked out the kinks in the SR20 swap.  I
keep on him about offering it as a kit but he is reluctant for liability
reasons I think.  I would probably buy the engine from him anyways....
        Thing is that by parting out the engine with the solex's-cam-pan, my
spare timing set the tranny and all my other U-20 stuff I could make a fair
wad of cash.  I could raise enough funds that would pay for the sr20de (not
the det unfortunately) and all the other crap that goes with the swap.
        Right now if the engine needed a real serious rebuild..there is no
way that I could come up with the spare ~4-5000 bucks...no way Josi.
        If the damage is just limited to one valve and seat and the head can
be reused as is I'm all for it-way all for it.  I am just investigating the
options.

        Daniel Neuman
        Oakland CA
        69 2000