Questions on re-chroming mirrors answered: get new mirror

To: graemes@saonline.com.au, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Questions on re-chroming mirrors answered: get new mirror
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 07:36:42 -0400
For all:
Yes, for the early rear view mirrors, and all side view mirrors, the glass
has to come out,
and you will probably break it.  I am fortunate because my wife is Co-Owner
of a
picture framing and art shop, and she cut me a new mirror chunk to cement
into
the mirror.  It is not exact, but within 1/8 inch tolerance, so it looks
great.
I am not sure how much a local shop in your area would charge for this,
probably
expensive for a tiny piece of mirror, because it is hard to cut into this
shape
(on the other hand,  the side view circle would be easy).

If anyone needs this done, and can't find a local guy to do it, let me know,
I will
ask my wife how much it cost her, and try to get them at her cost, but it
will
probably still be $10 or $20.

Best Regards,
Jim