windshield install nightmare

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: windshield install nightmare
From: "paul g. reichert" <ocblue@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:53:27 -0400
My 68 1600 is nearing resto completion ,after 10 years,and now a MAJOR
snag.Seems the guys who did the body work repaired the usual bottom of
windshield frame rust by actually welding in new metal.Unfortunately they
built it up too high in the bottom corners and now the new gasket,glass and
trim won't fit!Two expert body guys have waved off any desire to attack the
excess metal,which is of course already painted.The glass experts say they can
epoxy just the glass in but no gasket or trim.Any ideas on alternate
gasket/trim?Any experiences with shaving glass or gasket?Recommendations on
good driving goggles?I am like majorly bummed.
Paul in Pa.