Heater Hose Support Strapping

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Hose Support Strapping
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:09:15 -0600
I am installing new heater hose and one piece comes off the heater box in
the cab area and ties in to the intake manifold.  There are two pieces of
metal strapping on the firewall just below the exhaust/intake manifold.  Are
they supposed to work as one unit to wrap around the heater hose?  Or, is
one for the hose and the other strap for a wiring harness?  I have another
question about the exhaust manifold hold down that apparently holds it to
the motor mount.  Does anyone have a picture of what it should look like?
Is it necessary?  Larry.