Update- Ash tray Paint or Plate

To: "'datsun-roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Update- Ash tray Paint or Plate
From: "James Richards" <jmr407@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 06:24:58 -0400
I would like to thank everyone who responded to my question about
plating or painting the ash tray cover section of the center console.
This group is very creative and I received many different ways to
restore these pieces. Many people have chrome plated, Powder Coated,
Anodized or painted.  The majority painted.  Since my 69/1600 will never
be a show car and the pieces for the ash tray and cover has pits created
from rust.  I decided to paint using the Rust-Oleum "Silver Unique
Hammered Finish".

I am very pleased with look; the Hammed Finish camouflaged all the
imperfections and created a nice textured look. I think I will use the
same technique for the radio cover to tie it all together.

James Richards
Woodstock GA