RE: Long Block Build Up

To: "Hall,Phillip" <Phillip.B.Hall@nasa.gov>,
Subject: RE: Long Block Build Up
From: Victor Laury <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:48:15 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Phil Hall Wrote - I always installed everything in the motor before
installation in the Roadster.

Me too. Everything installed, even the positive battery cable connected with
the starter and tucked up over the engine. On late model cars, I leave the Alt.
off, until I've got the motor mounts bolted down. Not a problem on my 70 2lt,
since I've change the alt mounting to the JDM style. During the last engine
pull on my car I slipped it back in with the solex's and air filter on and
ready to go. My last pull, on Gary C's 68, we left the ITG Foam air cleaner
off, but kept it's backing plate on. With enough practice, You can get it down
to engine stand to drive off in 2.5 hours. I'm still trying to perfect my
score.