Re: Long Block Build Up

To: Keith0alan@aol.com, garretson2@cox.net
Subject: Re: Long Block Build Up
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 12:43:57 -0400
With regards to the intake, exhaust, and heat sheild, this is the way that I
recently did it also,
works well.  Dont forget to bolt up the little support part way down the
exhast manifold
from the manifold to the engine, as it will help keep the manifold from
cracking.  Smear the heat shield and manifold with silver anti-sieze (get
the big
gray bottle, at NAPA)...and you will have the poor man's chrome finish,
which will
give some rust protection and will actually keep the exhaust manifold siver
looking for
a year or more.   I took a 13MM wrench and cut it down to about half length,
which
greatly eases the tightening of the carb nuts.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia

>From: Keith0alan@aol.com
>To: garretson2@cox.net
>CC: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: Re: Long Block Build Up
>Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:26:40 EDT
>
>Rick,
>     When you install the intake and carbs here is the  way that seems to
>work
>best. Install the manifold first. With the manifold alone  you can actually
>get to the bottom nuts. Then install the heat shield, then the  carbs. The
>bottom carb bolts are a bit tight but not too bad. You would be  amazed at
>how
>badly folks will mangle a heat shield trying to get to the bottom  manifold
>nuts.
>
>keith
>

>Keith & all
>
>Thanks for the good advice, sounds like a bit of a  juggling act with the
>exhaust manifold / header.  Will leave off the  intake & carbs as an
>assembly
>but have he starter on as well as the water  pump.
>
>Thanks again
>
>Regards
>
>Rick G

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!