I dont think so: Rear Brakes: 510 wheel cylinders?

To: tom.aiken@gmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: I dont think so: Rear Brakes: 510 wheel cylinders?
From: "James Cawrse" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:02:35 -0400
Tom, and all:
I remember trying to do this, and I can't remember the details but it was
more than
just the fittings.   Something with the brake adjustors, or hand brake, was
different and
because of that, the mounting was not the same.  I could be wrong, too bad
my 510
wagon is not in the air anymore, or I would go out to the shop and look for
you.

If no one else has the right answer, E-mail me back and I will jack up my 72
sportwagon
and take a look.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia

>From: Tom Aiken <tom.aiken@gmail.com>
>To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
>Subject: Rear Brakes: 510 wheel cylinders?
>Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:45:20 -0700
>
>Hello,
>
>I have a 68/69 (vin/title) 1600 that was parked for ~10 years by it's
>previous owner.  The wheel cylinders for the rear brakes are seized.
>I understand from the http://www.311s.org/ parts interchange list (and
>from searching the 311s.org forums) that the drums are the same, and
>the shoes will fit, but the cylinders are not a direct replacement
>because of metric fittings.
>
>Is there any other difference?
>

>For the $60+ savings I can buy a flaring tool and some new fittings
>for the lines and still be ahead.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tom

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up  now 2 months FREE!