RE: Any differences between '66 and '67 1600?

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Any differences between '66 and '67 1600?
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:47:55 -0700
Yes, that site (beautifully done - kudos to Mr. Valazzi!) was the first one
I discovered when I first started down this road. However, note that the
Model Guide front/rear pics for model years skips from '65 SPL to '67.5 SRL.
Additionally, the Buyers Guide by Mr. Walter makes it sound like the '65-'70
1600s had no changes other than the general changes that affected all models
in '67.5 and later.

My question comes from my Porsche 914 experience. The '70-72 models are
well-known for inferior ventilation, poor window crank mechanisms, and the
rear tail shifter. Those areas received improved redesigns plus the
introduction of the 2-litre engine (to replace the dropped 914-6 model)
beginning w/ the '73 model year. In '75 the bumpers were changed to comply
w/ the 5mph-crash spec and horsepower killing emission controls were added.

There's some other stuff, but you get the idea. I'm just trying to be
certain a '66 1600 is basically the same as a '67 1600 rather than a major
change like '68 and later.

Also want to make sure it isn't a problem child. <g>

Pete