Rear leaf spring U-Bolt nut size

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear leaf spring U-Bolt nut size
From: <JohnnyRoadster@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:28:32 -0400
I am trying to figure out the correct size to use when replacing my rear
leaf(s)?  One of the U-bolts on the car now was missing a nut, and appears to
be bent, so I bought a pair of used ones in good shape.  They did not come
with any nuts.  I took it to the auto store, but a 3/8" fine thread seems a
little loose, and a 10mm 1.0 was too tight.

Does anyone know the proper size for the ubolts?  I do not want to mess up the
threads on what I have.

Any tips on replacing them would be appreciated also.  It seems easy, but we
all know how hard the easy jobs turn out to be!

John Pomeroy
SPL311-13956