Working still.......

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Working still.......
From: MikeLyonsVancWA@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:04:13 EDT
Wow, what a response from the list.

The Panasports look good and I am glad to hear they won't cause rubbing
because as I remember I liked to go though the corners with this car.  I was
wondering about the tire size.  My car has 165SR14's (from before the aspect
ratio
number was included) now and I remember putting a larger size on once and not
liking the resulting "higher" gearing. Would 185-60 15's be better than 195-60
15's for keeping the effective gearing the same?  I noticed Dennis listed ...
or 195-50's.  Would that be closer with no rubbing?

 I have been cruising the Internet for parts and noticed the trim parts and
carpet.  I would like to get some but worry about the quality.  I too ordered
some carpet sometime ago that was cheap looking and the edges were just sewn
with vinyl.  What is "thread surge bound"? My car has some of the original
carpet that the edges are sewn in some manner.  Is this the same?  If so it
would
be good.  I was also wondering about the carpet that snaps to the original
snaps.  It seems that would be the way to go, maybe?

In considering the dash pads, I was wondering about the fiberglass vinyl
covered pieces. If they look original and good, that would work, I don't need
the
padding, worse things to worry about in a wreck.  How easy is it to get them
on?  I can see I need to remove the windshield to get at some of the screws,
but does the pad then just pull towards the back of the car easily without
hurting the old piece?

Believe it or not, I bought another car for parts.  A friend bought a house
from a man that was getting a divorce and he left a 1967 SPL311 with a U-20 and
5 speed.  I purchased the car with a signed off title because it had an
excellent dash pad, a hard top that was very good, and because I wanted the 5
speed
and I was going to convert the 1600 to a 2000 push rod motor.  But when I got
to looking closer at the car it was complete and I didn't have the heart to
kill it.  So now it is another project........  Next year maybe

Again, thank for the help.  Wow, it is great.  Here is a link to what my car
looked like right before I put it in the garage to start working on it.
http://mypeoplepc.com/members/mikelyons/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/p40700
23.jpg

Michael Lyons
Vancouver WA

67.5 SPL311-13198 in process
67    SPL311-08009 (converted to U20 & 5 Speed) needs resto