RE: Porsche 914 vs Datsun Roadster (was "RE: Newbie to list

To: "'Datsun Roadsters list'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Porsche 914 vs Datsun Roadster (was "RE: Newbie to list
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:23:03 -0700
The 914 body was built by Karmann, but the 914 was supposed to replace the
911. In many races, the 914-6's would beat the 911's. However, this was one
case where victory on the race track did not result in victory in the market
place. There's a number of other reasons that Porsche ceased production of
the 914, but we don't want to get anymore off-topic.

Cheers.

Pete