RE: cool fan, need help

To: gregs672liter@netzero.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: cool fan, need help
From: John Wightman <johnwightman@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:31:34 -0700
Hmm, looks like they're taking lessons from wreckers up here in BC. Our auto
insurance is managed by the government (oxymoron, I know), and they use
salvaged parts whereever possible for repairs. Since they are quite happy to
pay 50% of the dealer's new price, auto wreckers up here routinely charge
that to individuals as well. So as an example, I wanted to buy a control arm
for a 1989 Supra for my roadster's custom suspension. Factor in the inflated
parts prices that dealers charge, and you end up with a corroded piece of
junk that's been used for 10 years, sat in a junkyard for another 5, and the
guy still wants $200 for...ridiculous. I bought a pair of them off Ebay for
$20. Some people just don't understand basic business principles, I guess.
Either that, or there are enough customers who don't care, and keep buying
from them. </rant>

John Wightman
'66 Fairlady Zed
http://members.shaw.ca/spec1