RE: Roadster sized trailer?

To: "Mark and Susan Miller" <marknsuz@pacbell.net>
Subject: RE: Roadster sized trailer?
From: Dave_Driemeier@May-Co.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:42:36 -0500
Mark,

I agree.  A better hitch will be on the agenda.  I just don't want to tow a
trailer that weighs almost as much as the roadster.  I have seen smaller
single axle trailers at SCCA events, but a web search doesn't turn up
anything that seems to be built for a 2500 pound load.  They all are 6000
pound dual axle rigs.  With my 2.4L 4 cyl 5 speed Tacoma, every pound
counts.  It really isn't enough truck to tow with. As far as a dolly goes,
I know it would work, but I would hate to go very far with it.  Anybody got
a recent copy of AutoWeek?  I bet they have something in there designed for
a 2500 pound car.

Sincerely,

Dave Driemeier

             "Mark and Susan
             Miller"
             <marknsuz@pacbell                                          To
             .net>                     <Dave_Driemeier@May-Co.com>,
                                       "Datsun list"
             06/09/2004 08:52          <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         RE: Roadster sized trailer?
              "Mark and Susan
                  Miller"
             <marknsuz@pacbell
                   .net>

Dave D asked about lightweight trailers...
>>I have a Toyota Tachoma truck that has a
>>bumper hitch.
I'd like to add a bit of caution to your towing here: I needed to get my
little pickup (98 ford ranger) pulled and the tow truck driver hooked up to
the axle - said the bumper wasn't connected well enough to trust it.  I
don't know if the tacoma is similar, but check before you tow something
you'd rather not lose.  I put a frame mount 2" receiver on the truck (under
$100) and feel better about it.

Not casting aspersions on your truck, just a warning!

Mark Miller
69 RHD fairlady 2000