Re: 1500 fuel gauge

To: jross@corporatemontage.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1500 fuel gauge
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:52:47 EDT
James,

       Since it allways reads high you can put a resistor is series with the
sender. Try a 5 ohm 1/2 watt first. If you end up too low bridge the 5 ohm
with another 5 ohm(making 2.5). They usually come in packs of two or three. If
you end up still too high put the second in series (making 10 total). Juggle
around and find out what gets you closest. Put a male connector on one end and
female on the other and cover with shrink wrap. Another way to find the
correct value is to get a 20 ohm or so pot, dial in the correct reading then
read
the pot with an ohm meter.

keith