More Clutch Questions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: More Clutch Questions
From: "Eddie Sawyer" <esawyer@vansd.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:54:16 -0700
Hi All,
I was going through my stack of receipts for my 68' 1600 (POs did an
awesome job of documenting, about the only thing I don't have is the
original sales receipt) In 1986 they did a full clutch, pressure plate
and throw out bearing with 83,000 miles now 18 years later but only
16,000 miles, all signs seem to point to new clutch. I've adjusted the
yoke at the slave cylinder to about an 1/8 of an inch and I'm still
getting occassional slippage when accelerating up hills and such. Are
there some other things I may be missing? Is it possible the clutch was

mis-adjusted for 16,000 miles and just wore the heck out of it?

There is a whole list of things I have planned before tackling the
drive to Shasta and the main one is pulling the motor and replacing the
Clutch. As usual your opinions, suggestions, ideas, comments are greatly
appreciated.

Have a good day.
Ed
68' 1600 Vancouver, Washington