sorting out the TOOLBAG thing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: sorting out the TOOLBAG thing
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 11:35:57 EDT
I mentioned earlier that we may make up some toolbags w/ correct screened
logos on them.

I've ran into several variations from the pictures that folks have sent me (
thanks guys!!) I'd like to sort this out to make sure everything is correct,
so I need some help identifying things.

What I've seen so far:
1. what I believe is the "jack handle pouch"  basically a rectangular pouch
roughly 6"X12" closed. Nissan logo on the bottom of the snap/flap side.  **
this is the one I currently have to make repro from.

2. got sent a pic of a roll-up tool pouch...unrolled this was a square base,
with individual slots for wrenches and such. Didn't see the backside to
confirm if there is a nissan logo anywhere on it yet. Did these come w/ the
cars too
?

3. In my datsun parts book, there is a picture of yet a different beast : a
roll up toolbag for jack handle and such. this one, when unrolled, was *not*
square, but has the "top" side w/ a cutout on it ( see pg F61-C of the parts
book w/ date June 1968. No part # on the pic for it, and no description page in
my book either.

Did nissan mix and match all this stuff ? Is any one more correct or
desirable than another ? I just want to make sure that we're talking apples to
apples
here, cause if someone wants an orange, they best come up w/ an example for me
!!!

Laurie :-)
'70-SPL311
AzROC