Re: wheel studs, panasports advice

To: Stephen Wan <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>
Subject: Re: wheel studs, panasports advice
From: Gary Boone <gaboone70@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:56:57 -0600
The front hubs on the roadster have a wider shape on the diameter
compared to lots of other cars that wheels are designed for (oops, ended
a sentence with  preposition again  :-P ).  You need to check to make
sure the flat surface on the back of the wheel is mating up flush to the
flange on the hub.  If it's not, you'll have a problem with stud to nut
engagement and a wobbly wheel because it won't mate properly to the
hub.  That could also cause a rub on the brake lines with the wheel
because it won't run true.  I had this problem and bought 1/4" wheel
spacers and beveled the inside diameter of the spacer to go over the hub
and mate to the hub flange, because I didn't want to bevel the wheel.
Gary