re built engine break in suggestions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re built engine break in suggestions
From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 12:38:39 -0500
Hello listers, I spoke to Pete the other day, and me engine is back in one
piece, the "new" tranny is healthy, and the new header/flex pipe, water pump &
starter (thanks dean) are installed.  I should have the car back within a
couple of weeks.
I am sure that break in has been discussed before, but I didn't find anything
in the archives during a quick search.  I know that varying the rpm's is
suggested, and I have heard both sides of the gotta treat em gentle vs gotta
give em hell.  Is there a general consensus about initial break in?  Or a
place to look for some help?
Thanks as always,
Ken Williams
'67 blue 1600