Re: Advice on Removing the Water Pump

To: "Dana & Joni Holgate" <holgate@highstream.net>,
Subject: Re: Advice on Removing the Water Pump
From: Stan Chernoff <az589@lafn.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 06:22:01 -0700
There is a bolt with a large head that is screwed into the shaft that must
be removed prior to pulling the clutch bearing off of the shaft.  Caution,
the bolt has a left hand thread and must be turned clockwise to remove it.

The clutch assembly should be replaced with an appropriate spacer.

Stan
At 08:19 PM 4/21/2004 -0700, Dana & Joni Holgate wrote:
>Hi!  I've run into a snag removing the fan/water pump pulley.  I've got the
>fan off, but the little 'X'-shaped piece that it screws into just spins.
Do I