RE: RE: To tow, or trailer?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: To tow, or trailer?
From: "Loren Berg" <lberg@minnetronix.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 08:56:18 -0500
My '70 2000 parts car was towed on a dolly from central Michigan to
Minneapolis, MN over 12 hours with no issues, but it had good tires
and the motor, tranny, and driveshaft were previously removed.  :)
Saved me the trouble of removing them myself.  Looked pretty cool
with the tonneau cover on.  Lots and lots of looks from other motorists.
True that they do not want to back up for crap.

I'd say you're cool if you lock down the front end on the dolly and
remove the driveshaft.

Best is to rent the flat bed and take no chances.  If your tow vehicle
can handle a dolly, it can handle a flat bed trailer.

 - Loren
'68 1600 converted to U20 w/5-sp
'70 2000 awaiting restoration or ?