Re: Rear Suspension

To: "Datsun List (E-mail)" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Suspension
From: "Notebaart, Tom E (STP)" <Tom.Notebaart@guidant.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2004 08:29:34 -0500
Thanks for all the responses off line to my question!  I looked at the
situation further, and realize that the arch in the exhaust that goes over the
axle was replaced by someone (po or mechanic) incorrectly.  It lies directly
between the axle and the frame, leaving only an inch or so of travel before it
will be crunched.  Does anyone know if the exhaust routing in the axle area is
the same for 1600's and 2000's?  If so, I know what it should look like, and
will get an exhaust shop to custom bend a pipe for this area.  Also, the
exhaust diameter on the 2000 is 2", while the 1600 looks like 1.5", does this
sound right, or did the po increase the size of the 2000 exhaust?  I do have
new rear shocks on the car already.

Thanks again!

Tom Notebaart
'69 2000