Temp Sending Unit

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp Sending Unit
From: "Jason Roosa" <jroosa@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 22:08:03 -0700
List -

I have replaced all of the gauges (except tach and speedo) in my '67 1600 with
new Stewart Warner gauges. They look very similar in appearance to the stock
gauges, were easy to install, and should be maintenance free for many years to
come. My question is in regards to the temperature sender. The Stewart Warner
temp sender is different (larger) than the original stock unit and it will not
fit due to clearance issues with the header flange adjacent to where the
original sender was situated. Is there another area that would allow for a
temp sender to be installed or are there inline applications that may work?

Jason Roosa
Puyallup, WA.