Re: "PVC" on valve cover...

To: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "PVC" on valve cover...
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster@schroeder-family.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 00:20:27 -0600
Hi Eric,

My '70 has the same problem.  Had 30k when I bought it (31 years ago!) and
now has 62k.  It has done this since day one.

What you need is an oil separator.  It is an in-line device that goes
between the valve cover and the carb.  Just drain the separator when  you
change oil.  My buddy has one on his race car and it works quite well.

You can buy them commercially but I found a "Build your own" version at
http://www.y8s.com/celica/air-oil/ .  I plan to try one on mine as I too am
tired of oil on the air cleaners.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
'70 2000
SRL311-13359
TDROC
Home page http://schroeder-family.us
e-mail  roadster@schroeder-family.us

Behold the superfluous. They are always sick. They
vomit their gall and call it a newspaper.
Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche   1844-1900