Re: Re: brake light switch

To: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>, <az589@lafn.org>, <Geegc@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Re: brake light switch
From: <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 0:07:31 +0000
What year car are you working on??  If it's a '68, that's a relatively easy
fix, but requires you to take apart that switch on the brake petal, clean and
lightly lube it.  I had the same problem with my '70 2000 and fixed it by
cleaning and lubing it up... no problems since! If it's totally trashed, I
found I have 2 spares right now that I know I can make work.   If it's that
hydralic one (not sure where that one is), I'm pretty sure I have a spare from
a '66 I could check out.  I've never had one of those go bad though.

Good luck!!
Eric