Re: Start up procedure

To: matt@vander-bend.com
Subject: Re: Start up procedure
From: hallosb@juno.com
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:27:45 GMT
If the engine has not been fired in a long time, you may want to pull the
distributor and spin the oil pump to pressurize the oiling system before you
start it up.

I haven't made the tool nor primed an oil pump, but from what I understand all
you need to do is sacrifice the right-size, flat-head screwdriver (cut off the
handle). Then, stick the screwdriver in your drill and presto you have a tool
to spin the oil pump.

Once you get the engine fired up and let it run for a couple of minutes.  Shut
it down.  Let it cool.  Re-torque the head bolts and top off the coolant level.

Hopefully someone on the list can confirm my ideas.  Having never done it
myself, I'm a little leary of telling someone else to try it.

Dan McHatton
'66 1600