Replacement guages for late dash?

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Replacement guages for late dash?
From: matthew peterson <pete_303@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 14:50:26 -0800 (PST)
Hi everyone,
I'm in the process of fixing some things under the dash and was wondering if
anyone has put aftermarket guages in the late style dashes.  I've seen webpages
with aftermarket guages in early dashes but nothing on the late ones.  I swaped
in an L20b engine that doesn't have a spot to attach the mechanicaly driven
tach our cars have so I'm thinking of puting in an electronic guage.  I have
the tach and speedo out and found the tach to measure 3 3/4" across and the
speedo 4 1/8" I think?  I found guages on the internet measuring the same as
the tach and also  5" ones.  It looks as if a guage to replace the speedo will
be hard to find but a tach may be doable.
Also, does anyone know how to bench test the wiper motor?  There's a black wire
(ground I'm assuming), yellow (?), and a few blue ones with different color
stripes (different wiper speeds?)  My linkages are fine so it must be either
the motor or the switch.  When it worked it would act like it didn't have
enough power to even get the wipers moving.  Once they were moving though it
was okay.  Lately though I can't get the wipers to do anything.
Any help would be appreciated,
Matt Peterson
'68 1600
Winona, MN