Re: fuel sender ohm range

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuel sender ohm range
From: "lonestar" <lonestar@cmc.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 06:41:52 -0800
Mike --

Two things: first, the range on the Roadster sender in on the order
of 0 - 100 ohms (if memory serves), making the Ford/Chrysler gauge
completely wrong. After a great deal of research, I concluded there
are no aftermarket fuel level gauges compatible with the Datsun
sender range. I eventually went with a VDO/VDO setup. The VDO
universal sender requires some creative modifications to get it into
the tank, but it did work and the end result was a pretty accurate
reading of the level in the tank.

Second thing: the gauge you referenced is listed as a 2" gauge.
Measure your opening and I believe you'll find it's closer to 2 1/8",
at least that's what I found on my '67. Even the VDO gauges caused me
some grief as they are 2 1/16". I had to weld a lip around each hole
and grind it flat, then resize the hole.

HTH

-- lonestar