SEROC mini meet (or Where's Andrew?)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, seroc@datsunroadsters.com,
Subject: SEROC mini meet (or Where's Andrew?)
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 08:51:43 -0500
Well, the SEROC mini meet happened as planned, but the attendance was not
nearly as big as hoped.  Several folks expressed interest, but for one
reason or another, did not make it.  Some had family commitments and others
had car issues.  The plan was to meet at about 5pm and hang out looking at
the hotrods and muscle cars that dominate the Cruise ins.  SEROC almost had
a complete lock on the small bore club.  In attendance were Norman Ritz in
his nice 67.5 1600, Jeff Gaver in his nice 1963 Alfa Guilietta (it isn't a
Datsun, but it is a Roadster!) and me.  I thought it was interesting that
all 3 cars are red!  An early (68?) VW bug came but did not hang around.  In
attendance were some neat old rides.  A FE Big block powered Starliner was
there - what a motor!  Also a Ferrari Modena made the show.  It was
remarkably quiet, but had a really distinctive exhaust note.  There were T
buckets, Hemi Chargers, a restored Model T C-cab truck, Mustangs and Camaros
and so forth.  A few local (non-list) Roadster folk that were invited did
not make it.  We waited around for 2 1/2 or so hours, but never did see
Andrew.  Upon returning home, I found that he had sent an e-mail indicating
that he had some difficulties and could not make the show.

Unfortunately we did not make a connection to meet - perhaps next time!

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html