Next Steps (SPL-311)

To: "Datsun-Roadsters List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Next Steps (SPL-311)
From: "Jessica" <windsurfer@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 17:20:31 -0500
I finally completed my conversion to a 260Z alternator and added an electric
fan to cool the radiator.  I found a Hitachi 50 AMP at AutoZone for $39 with a
lifetime warranty.   Anyway, I got it in and wired (thanks Mike) and it all
seems to work fine.  I had 2 wires going to the Batt post on the alternator.
One comes from through the firewall and is fused at 30 AMP.  The other wire
comes from the Harness to the volt Regulator (fused with a 50 AMP fuse).  When
I started the vehicle and gave it a little gas, I noticed that the AMP meter
in the dash read very high so I also put another 30 AMP fuse inline from the
Batt post on the Alternator directly to the battery (aux wire).  Now when I
rev the engine, the AMP meter reads on the positive side to show that the
battery is charging.

Since electrical stuff is my weak point, ant comments would be helpful.  PS.
I held onto the wires near the voltage regulator and they did not get hot, so
I assume that all is well!

Thanks,

Ivin