Can I bitch?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Can I bitch?
From: "stebharvey" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 15:54:43 -0600
List,
I purchased a Northern Tool ($200.00) sandblasting pressure vessel kit a few
weeks ago. The assembly directions caused great laughter due to the
Chinese/English instructions. I powered up the unit (65 psi) and found an air
leak at the spray hose to tank connection. Turned out to be a cracked fitting
on the hose. Got a replacement hose with fitting  made for 20.00. Hooked up
the hose and pressure tested the unit. The main air line hose (1/4") had a
small leak. I tightened the hose and the fitting broke. Spent 2 hours today
running around and found a napa store that made up hyd. hose. Has one build
for $16.00. Attached the new hose and started sandblasting. The fitting from
the spray hose to the gun handle was leaking. Tightened the fitting and it
broke. I'm screwed! Now I have to build or buy a replacement gun. What's funny
is that I'm quoting the writing of several operator manuals for Northern tool
equipment that's built here in the U.S. and I'm getting great response from
the engineering people who want a good understandable document. I'm amazed at
the lack of concern as to the quality of their imported crap.

Steve Harvey

Roadster content: Project is at a stand still.