Rear End Swaps

To: "'Datsun Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear End Swaps
From: Ken Mack <dkmt@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 17:46:18 -0800
Hi All... I'm an aspiring Roadster owner, and new to the list.

I had a few questions about the roadster and it handling capabilities.

Does having a solid rear axle impair it's cornering abilities?  I've
seen on the web, a few guys that talk about the 510 IRS.  One owner also
told me that this IRS has horrible camber problems when lowered.  He
also suggested that I look into tacking on a Multi-linked suspension
from an S13 240.  Can that be done?  ... I guess if you have the $$$$
anything can be done, ehh?

I'm moving out of a 91 MR2 Turbo, and I love the way that drives.  I
just want to be sure the roadster will have the same, if not more, fun
factor.  Or am I comparing apples to oranges?

Thanks for you ears;
Ken