Re: brake shims

To: datsun_sports@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brake shims
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 21:46:52 EST
Mike et al,

       The shims are used to center the calipers over the rotor. You may or
mat not need them. I've got steel shim stock that I cut some from the last
time I did brakes. (I love my lathe) You put it together, measure the
thickness you need then cut spacers from the appropriate shim stock. Mine
ended up being .020" or so, way thinner than regular washers.

                                     keith