First color and powder coating

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: First color and powder coating
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 18:45:04 -0800
Hey All,

The Ross express is in high gear and even more good news is coming to me out
of Canada. The first paint has been shot onto my car. True, it is enamel
paint for the underbody and Body tub floor, but even so it is very beautiful
(to me anyway) and nicely done. It will be a while before the exterior body
gets color as the process of finding the "hills and valleys" needs to happen
and that will take many more hours of work. I have no doubt it will be
spectacular.

Also, the frame, suspension and underbody components came back from the
powder coaters today. I chose a light grey color for my powder coat as the
body is going to be black and I didn't wan't it to wash out when the body is
put on.

It's looking like the rolling frame will start to come together in January
and the first color shoot will be in late February. It's really starting to
come together.

Pics at:

http://home.netcom.com/~andr/datsun.htm

See you on the road!