RE: POR-15 info.

To: "'Steven Harvey'" <stebharvey@ameritech.net>,
Subject: RE: POR-15 info.
From: "Graeme Suckling" <graemes@saonline.com.au>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:35:53 +1030
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
[mailto:owner-datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net]On Behalf Of Steven
Harvey
Sent: Sunday, 8 December 2002 11:18 PM
To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: POR-15 info.

Steve, I went to see a local sand blaster about the chassis, seat
frames and rear leaf springs.
The deal is that after I high pressure clean the chassis to remove as
much grime and grease as practicable, he will grit blast the parts and
coat the chassis and springs in a 2K zinc rich primer: the seat frames
will be done in a lower tech primer being internal parts. All this for
approx $200AUD.
When I get it all back I will spray it in a Gloss black chassis paint
as per factory finish.
The chassis is rust free however but given the size of this item I
figure it is money well spent for him to clean and prepare it.
I have seen chassis that have been completely galvanised, but at what
co$t I know not.
I have not had any experience with the POR15 product, but I've heard
good reports about it for areas such as battery trays etc.
Regards,
Graeme Suckling
1965 SP310 - under construction DSOA Member # 112
1971 P510 4 door - daily driver, original owner, highly modified.
1972 P510 2 door - in storage.
1973 HS30/240Z - re-building to 2003 specs.

Hello,
I've purchased the POR-15 system and plan on applying it to the frame,
underbody, trunk and engine compartment. In the directions for the
system they
are very specific about having the base metal completely clean. The
system I
purchased has a degreaser solution, etching solution and the POR-15
paint. My
concern is that by not having the body completely dipped there will be
areas
(metal seams and such) that still have the undercoating intact. It
would be
impossible to remove the undercoating in those areas without dipping,
in my
opinion. Has anyone gone down this road? Any suggestions at this point
would
be appreciated. If it comes down to having to have the body dipped, so
I don't
creat more problems then I already have, so be it.

Steve Harvey
Milwaukee