Re: aluminum polishing

To: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>,
Subject: Re: aluminum polishing
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 19:05:16 -0500
While it is true anodizing adds some thickness I don't think that anodizing
manifolds, carb bells and bodies, and valve covers is going to have any
effect at all on the tolerances or fit of the parts. I mean these aren't
exactly close fitting parts after all these years.

BTW, don't glass bead the carbs as it'll be tough to get out the beads and
beading really screws up the finish. I tried it on a useless carb.

IMO,
Mike