Wheels

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheels
From: "Jon and Maggie" <jm.rider@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:08:18 -0800
You know,

I have spent a huge amount of time trying to determine what wheels will
actually fit the 69 roadster when it has a standard set of shocks.  As
memtioned in an earlier note, the current set of 14 inch wheels I have on the
vehicle rub badly on the rear exterior side of the wheel well since I went
back to the standard shocks but functioned fine with air shocks.  There are so
many options out there.  And looking on ebay is useless without knowing what
actually works.  So, I'm once again asking for information from the List.  I
already know that Panasport wheels are an option but it is just about
impossible to find them used and new is too expensive.  Ebay would be an
excellent source if I know what works and what doesn't or had a brand name and
some facts.  I need specifics, as much as anyone can tell me (brand name,
backspace, offset, width, etc) for any nice set of wheels (preferably spoked -
7 to 9 spoke -  or meshed) that actually works on a std roadster with basic
shocks.  If anyone has pictures of what is theirs and what works that would be
great too.  In the rally pictures it looks like there are still some options
out there.  No rubbing allowed.

And thanks for the info on the gas cap question - I'm currently investigating
several paths.

Sincerely,
Jon R.