Not enough power

To: "Roadster Mail Group" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Not enough power
From: "audela2" <audela2@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:03:01 -0700
We got the '64 1600 on the road, disintegrating rear and all.  A big THANKS to
all the people who have given us help throughout the engine swap &
troubleshooting subsequent problems; this group and Datsun & Clymer manuals
are pretty much all we have to go by!  With that in mind, we are facing
another problem.  The Roadster has pretty decent acceleration through 1st &
2nd, but gets sluggish in higher gears/at higher speeds.  The engine also
backfires occasionally on acceleration.  Any ideas on what we need to look for
and correct are as always greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Charlotte & Leonard Hoover
Phoenix, Arizona
'64 SPL310 1500