Re: 311s Run Pics! Oil Pan Destruction! Cool Video clips!

To: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>,
Subject: Re: 311s Run Pics! Oil Pan Destruction! Cool Video clips!
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 06:52:26 -0400
Sorry to hear about your loss and be thankful your engine wasn't damaged.

As I have seen in the past through the misery of a friend who owned a new
Alfa GTV in the early 70s, street driving, potholes, rocks, etc and low
aluminum oil pans aren't agreeable.

You should, or should I say must, use a skid plate under an aluminum pan
unless it is protected by the front cross member as it is in my Miata.

Aluminum doesn't bend like steel - it just cracks.

While the aluminum pans may look great, I'd run a steel pan on the street
because shit happens. The aluminum pan with the comp suspension doesn't
leave much clearance for anything as demonstrated by pictures you posted.

Sorry about your BD being spoiled.

Mike