Driveline spline grease?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Driveline spline grease?
From: "Allen Blackmon" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:13:30 +0000
To List,

After my scare last night, I'm feeling better.  I'd like to put the
driveline in tonight, plus a few other things.  I've read (somewhere, I
can't recall) to grease the driveshaft splines.  Is it where the driveshaft
bolts onto the tranny and rear end?  I'm looking at the ends of my
driveshaft and I don't see even a remnant of grease on the ends.  Why would
I want to grease the ends since they don't move but rather bolt onto the
tranny and rear?

Allen
1970 2000