Re: 1. dipstick/oil pan baffle 2. What to replace top of

To: "Allen" <orangedawg@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1. dipstick/oil pan baffle 2. What to replace top of
From: "Fred Schroeder" <roadster2@texoma.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 21:22:19 -0500
> 2.  As my car is non-smog with Solex's, do I still need that vacuum thing
on
> top of my water outlet?  If not, what can I screw in there to seal it up?

This is the 'Thermal Demodulator'.  It's function was to kick the advance up
when the engine temp got too high.  The advance was set at 0 degrees with a
weird advance curve on the distributor for smog purposes.  With a
distributor recurved to pre-smog specs it is not needed.  Replace it with a
1/2" pipe plug.  Due to corrosion, you night have to run a pipe tap in it to
clean up the threads.

Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX