AzROC Picnic - details for Sat. Oct 19th - RSVP !

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: AzROC Picnic - details for Sat. Oct 19th - RSVP !
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 02:38:23 EDT
Hello All !!    Finally got the details pinned down for the picnic.... so  -
here goes !!!

First - all the basics w/ links to maps here:  (note - maps copied a little
goofy off the mapquest.com site - use their driving directions w/ the
addresses listed in the info if you need more help)

http://www.azroc.org/events/picnic.html

We will meet up at the Bashas' on the SW Corner of Apache Trail (the same as
Main ST in Mesa - big E-W running road)  and  Signal Butte (rd? st? dr?) The
N-S street after Crismon.  If coming HWY 60 use the Signal Butte exit & head
N to Apache Trail.
Meet up appx  10 am - plan to leave 10:30 and caravan to the Lost Dutcman
State Park. This is on Hwy 88, just past the "Goldfield" tourist-trap.  I
have the "Group Camp/ Overflow" area reserved for the better part of the day.

Please Remember: this is a state park that charges an entrance fee - $6.00
per car. You will need to bring cash - they do not take plastic cards !! This
is a beautiful desert park - plenty of hiking trails & photo op's of the
Superstition Mountains. Who knows?  - you may find the Lost Dutchman's stash
of gold !!!

Gonna BBQ chicken & brats but everything else will be potluck. Need to bring
a side-dish & drink to share. (water for yourself recommended - washing water
only is available) Nothing in the park regs says you can't bring beer along -
so go for it if you're so inclined.  Cooler w/ ice probably a good idea,
along w/ camp chair or blanket for the benches.

I will also need help w/ picnic supplies: paper plates / napkins/ utensils/
cups/ charcol for the BBQ. Please RSVP & let me know what you would like to
help out with.  If you have any questions please call (602)326-6844 or email
me - I will be glad to do what I can so we can make this picnic happen !
Please see the website - most of the info is there.

http://www.azroc.org/events/picnic.html

PS: try to get back to me before Fri Oct 11th - I will be out of town until
the following thursday & dont know if I will get a chance to check my email
before then. Believe me though - I WILL be checking up on the friday before
!!!!

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
AzROC