RE: KA24...1600...L-series

To: gsglasgow@attbi.com, az589@lafn.org
Subject: RE: KA24...1600...L-series
From: "Jimmy Claypool" <srl311vg@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 08:17:32 -0700
I will be using a Z22 block with a U67 casting L20 head. Nissan Comp used to
sella special headgasket for this combo.

Recent events.   The engine fired.  Now I have to drop the fuel tnk and
clean it out and get fuel to the carbs and it will run under its own power.
This weekend I still have to finish the exhaust and finish the passenger
side Volvo brake conversion. Driver side took me around 2 hours. I used an
entirely different collection of parts than on the 311s site. I used the tee
off of a toyota p/u rear (actually 2 one each side) Reflared the hard line
that comes down to the rubber line to metric. Changed the rubber line to a
metric. Used the rubber line from the toyota p/u rear as well. Now ALL the
lines in the front braking are metric. I have a connection that can make me
stainless braided lines for $21 each. So those are on their way. I am using
a 280x master cylinder.

I have the fuel tank cleaning kit from Eastwood so that is also on this
weeks to do list.

At this point I am not sure if the car will make it to Shasta But I will.

See you guys
Jimmy

Jimmy Claypool
Svc. Manager