Re: SU Question

To: "Dennis Louthan" <dennisl@cvinn.com>,
Subject: Re: SU Question
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:29:34 -0400
You must adjust the idle w/the connectors off. After getting the carbs
balanced loosen the nuts on the connectors and then reattach them to the
carbs. If the idle speed changes make that connector looser until the idle
speed returns to whatever you set it at. I usually had a higher idle than
suggested in the manual - 850-900 RPMs.

Then screw in the high idle adjust screw which is located on the throttle
cable stand. Balance the carbs again when at about 2K or so RPMs using the
screw to get to there. After getting the carbs balanced back off on the
screw to make sure your idle is still correct. If the idle is off loosen
both connectors and start again.

Not an easy or quick process but after a while you get the knack for it.
PITA.

Mike