Dangerous sticking throttle: Check your car!!

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dangerous sticking throttle: Check your car!!
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:24:41 -0400
For all:
Yesterday had a sticking throttle episode, and would
encourage all to check your throttle to prevent
a dangerous situation.  It might not be a problem
for all roadsters.  Here are details:

While blipping the gas for a quick downshift, the
unblipping part of the evolution did not happen,
in fact the car would have overreved except I
feathered the clutch and turned off the ignition.
One of the small white nylon ball joints for
the forward throttle linkage cracked, allowing
it to pop off its ball.  My throttle return spring
is on the common shaft for both carbs, there
is no spring on each carb, so the forward carb
stayed pretty much wide open after the linkage
popped off.

My linkage may not be at all like normal, I have
240 Z carbs on a stroked 1600.  Needless to
say I am replacing all 4 little white nylon
ball joints.

Hope this helps someone!!

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Va
67 pushrod 2L 5spd
72 510 sportwagonGet more from the Web.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com