SoCalROC Picnic and Meet June 22rd

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: SoCalROC Picnic and Meet June 22rd
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 14:44:38 -0700
Hello Rockers!

Shari and I took a trip to El Dorado Park today to do a "Reconnoiter" of the
location for the SoCalROC picnic coming two weeks from today on June 22nd.

El Dorado park is a very large park with lots of space and some good spots
for barbecues and meets. The park does charge 5.00 per car but it is worth
it.

For those of you who remember the innaugural SoCalROC meet in Frebruary of
2000, we are going to meet in the same spot. I am planning on bringing
plenty of charcoal, chicken, potato salad and drinks. I invite everyone to
bring food to grill and share. I hear that Pam Bauman is planning to bring
desert and that is not to be missed. This is a family affair. Bring folks
(and your roadster of course) to the park and we will have a great time.
Frisbees, footballs and other games could be fun.

Bring your tools.

To get there is a breeze for those coming from the North and a little
trickey from the South.

>From the North, take the I-605 Freeway South to Spring St and exit. Bear
right and you will be placed on Spring St. heading West. Take the next right
into El Dorado park. After the booth, turn right and follow the road. Keep
going and look to your right for roadsters.

>From the South, take the I-605 North. Exit Willow St. and stay to the left
on the offramp. Take the helix and it will drop you on Willow St. going
West. Take Willow to Studebaker Rd. and turn right. Take Studebaker to
Spring St. and turn right. Turn left into El Dorado Park. After the booth,
turn right and follow the road. Keep going and look to your right for
roadsters.

Shari and I will get there early to "stake our claim". Figure to arrive
anytime after 10:00 AM.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC