List wars, Moving and Roadsters

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: List wars, Moving and Roadsters
From: Roman Rist <roadsterregistry@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 23:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi all,

 Some excitement lately, huh!
I read (with some degree of sadness), the recent departures from the
list. I dont like to see our group splintering, even if it's only a few
people.
I like each and every one of you, even if I don't see eye to eye
sometimes.
to tell the truth I enjoy some of the bickering, kind of like watching
the "roadster soaps" .I do wish, like Andrew pointed out, that we could
all just get along. Most do.

I am moving, the ordeal that started last Jan and was delayed till now
is coming to a close.
Last weekend (I think)(excuse me but my time has been a little screwed
up. general chaos)
 Paul and Pam Bauman, Victor and Andrew and Sherry came out to help
with a motor swap. took the 66 motor and put it into the 70.
Pam made food, good food and everyone got dirty!
HERE IS A PUBLIC THANKS TO ALL INVOLVED!
We got the 67.5 up and running a while back, and the 70 is almost back
on the road. This way, I will be able to drive my cars out of here
instead of having to tow 3 cars.

This brings me to another request, (god, I feel like a mooch) I need to
tow, or trailer the 66 and a motor to the new house, sometime before
the 15th of june. can't do it this weekend, any ideas or anyone local
that can help? (I figure it won't hurt to ask)

As to roadsters, well I'm discovering that an early motor in a late
car, isn't the breeze that I thought it should be.
Now here is something that I think is really cool. I discovered that on
a early motor, a GM single wire alternator is a breeze! Using the late
model smog pump bracket, it lines up perfect. All I needed was 2
washers to space it properly!! Now If I only could find the proper
length fan belt.

Ok, enough rambling. evryone take care of yourselves...and each other.
Roman
66 spl (inop) 67,5 (runs!!) 70 (almost back to life)
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com