Thermostat Substitution

To: "mike datsunman" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: Thermostat Substitution
From: "Jim Cawrse" <nqrithjim@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 22:21:48 -0400
Robert,
I bought a perfectly good 160 thermostat by asking
the local advance auto parts guy for a 160 thermostat
for a 240Z.  It was a few more dollars than I thought it would
be, l think 12 or something like that.

I would leave the 160 in all the time.  The heater and
defroster work fine in mine with the 160, although I sure dont
drive it when its really cold. (no top installed).

Another trick to aid in filling the system is to make sure
there is a small hole (maybe about 1/8 inch) in the thermostat
plate to allow a small amount of flow, and/or venting,
when the thermostat is shut.  I did not do this, and had
to disconnect a heater hose to vent the system and get
water into the block.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Va