Re: wiper removal

To: "TIM WALTZ" <printner@msn.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wiper removal
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 19:26:56 -0500
Tim,

Disconnect the linkage where it connects to the pivot which is the part that
the wiper arm is connected to. You should be able to remove the motor
assembly and linkage like that. Try using penetrating oil where the pivot
goes through the body. I had that problem on several cars I broke. The pivot
is rusted in place.

The nuts are also sometimes impossible to get off and although it can be
done w/o damaging anything, however the threads are frequently stripped from
the soft aluminum piece that the pivot rotates in.

There is no simple solution. I remember cutting the front cowl on a parts
car to get the wiper parts off the car. I soaked them for days in WD40 and
applied some heat as well as a few hits with a light hammer. It worked.

Mike