Re: alternator conversion help

To: "Ronnie Day" <ronday@attbi.com>,
Subject: Re: alternator conversion help
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efris@qwest.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 17:26:41 -0700
Quite right you are!  Volts are not the same as amps.    I don't worry about
any problems with the loads on the system.  I have the Boone EI distributor
and just the normal lights, wipers, etc for the rest of the car... no insane
stereo system in that car, so no heavy draws on the alternator.     Brand
new wiring harness in there after a meltdown with a shorted out original
style alternator.    So far, I haven't felt any overheated wires in normal
operation... and yes, I check regularly!  :)

And the amp gauge is protected on each wire going into the guage.   I didn't
feel like enriching a vender yet again with another $50 guage.

Thanks for the info though!  I wish I would have found a lot of this info a
year ago!
Eric